Dogstars Professional Dog Training Program is an intensive 200+ hour course, over 8 weeks. We include classroom theory in our Vancouver training center, online content, guest lecturers, field practice and hands on experience with our trainers and clients. In addition to training methodology, we focus on the business of dog training, including client communications.
- Dogstars Professional Dog Training students will complete a phone or in person interview and must be 18 years or older
- Dog training is often physically active. Therefore, a basic level of fitness is required, including good general strength and balance, the ability to change direction rapidly and repeatedly, as well as the endurance to walk often and periodically run. It’s a great way to get outside and get active with your dog, while working your way towards a new career.
- Students are to provide your own dog to work with throughout the program.
- Must be able to communicate clearly in English ( spoken and written )
Vancouver- Tuesdays – June 4 – Bone & Bowl – Olympic Village
- Twinkle Puppy Class @ 7:00pm
- Acting level 1 @ 8:00pm
New Westminster- Wednesdays – April 24- Bosley’s Columbia Square
- Twinkle Puppy Class @ 7:45pm
Abbotsford- Monday May 27- Acting Workshop – Doggie Shop – #4-33550 S. Fraser Way
Intro to Dog Acting - 5:30 - 7:00
“I noticed a change in his behavior after 2 group sessions! He learned walk nicely on leash, sit, down, heel and come consistently on command. Piper was able to respond to commands on and off leash.”
Cheryl with her 4 month old Yellow Lab, ‘Piper’
“DogStars and Henry the dog were great to work with during the filming of Sony promotional video”
Kazuhito Yagi – Production Manager – Sony video shoot