DogStars Trainers Workshops!
– See a Workshop you want? Request it in your place of work/city and we will be there!
• Basic to advanced obedience – on and off leash, inside and outdoors
• Film behaviours and working in film with animals
• Basic nutrition and health concerns that may affect training
• Dog Psychology – how they think and why they behave
• Dog Body Language – what they are communicating through body postures
• Training Methodology – types of training methods and when to use them
• First aid for Animals – cats and dogs – certificate provided
• Marketing for Dog trainers
• Starting your own business
• Clicker Training
• Food motivated training
• Toy motivated training
• Dog Breeds and characteristics
• Private and group training classes
• Client communications
• Behaviour Modification – house training, barking, jumping up, chewing and fearful dogs, aggression, and much more!
When are the courses?
Monday evenings and Saturday afternoons
Are international students accepted?
Yes. We accept attendees from all over the province, country and world.
Do I need any previous experience with animals to take one or all of the workshops?
No previous experience is necessary.
What are the training methods being taught?
DogStars promotes positive reinforcement and reward based training . We employ clicker training, lure training, praise and play rewards and all without the use of corrections. The safety of animals is first and foremost in our philosophy, which means no choke chains or shock collars. We aim to build a trusting relationship between trainer, owner and dog to achieve obedience and understanding. Additionally, we teach new trainers how to determine which training methods are the most effective in different situations, giving you the tools to work with a variety of clients.
What forms of payment do you accept?
DogStars accepts cash, cheques, visa and mastercard.
Looking for more specific answers? Please…Contact us
Vancouver – Saturdays – May 9 -Main & Broadway area
Vancouver – Thursdays – May 21 – Ball & Biscuit @ Broadway/Main
- Twinkle Puppy Class @ 7:00pm
- Acting Level 1 Class @ 8:00pm
New Westminster – Wednesdays – Bosleys Columbia Square
Twinkle Puppy @ 7:00pm - 6 weeks
Acting for All ages - Intro @ 8.00pm - 5 weeks
Pet First Aid Certification May 24 9am-7pm
The Most Comprehensive First Aid Program around! Learn CPR, first aid treatments and preventative care
“Georgina is a fantasic trainer and I recommend her services.”
Veternarian Recommended Dr. Spooner of Yaletown Pet Hospital
“I noticed a change in his behavior after 2 group sessions! He learned walk nicely on leash, sit, down, heel and come consistently on command. Piper was able to respond to commands on and off leash.”
Cheryl with her 4 month old Yellow Lab, ‘Piper’