Adult Dogs : Shine
DogStars Shine Program: Adult Dog Training
Click Here to see our upcoming classes
DogStars offers two programs for dogs over five months old. Shine I is aimed at dogs with little or no prior obedience training, while Shine II is tailored to graduates of Shine I and dogs who have received basic obedience in the past.
Our Shine programs are once a week for six weeks, and we teach according to our philosophy of animal safety and positive reinforcement. In keeping with this outlook, all dogs are required to have proof of vaccinations.
In a group training environment, you and your dog will learn:
- Basic obedience, including sit, come, stay, down
- Walking properly on a leash, with distractions
- Phasing our treat rewards
- Social skills with other dogs
- How to address problematic behaviours such as barking and jumping up
$165 / 6 weeks
Once your dog has learned basic obedience, the door is open for more advanced outside and more specific training. With a focus on loose leash and off leash training, DogStars Shine II training program aims to teach owners and pets:
- Advanced obedience , with distractions
- On leash heeling
- Long distance and off leash commands; have your dog respond to you when you are 10-20 feet away or at the park
- Invisible Commands; have your dog respond to you when they cannot see you
$165 / 6 weeks
LIMITED TIME ONLY!
DogStars is pleased to offer a special a Dog Starter Package! For just $250, you will receive the six weeks of the Shine I program PLUS one hour of private training, either in-home or in your favorite park! These private sessions normally start at $95 / hour, and allow you the flexibility of choosing skills you’d like your pet to learn, or individual problems you’d like to address. In-home training offers the benefits of dealing with problems where they happen, all in keeping with our positive teaching methodology.
$250 / 6 group classes & Private Consult ( 1.5 hrs )
Vancouver location: Bone & Bowl Pet Store – Olympic Village
New Westminster location: Bosley’s
Vancouver- Mondays – April 28 – Bone & Bowl – Olympic Village
- Twinkle Puppy Class @ 7:00pm - Small pups only
- Shine level 1 Class @ 8:00pm
New Westminster- Wednesdays – April 16 – Bosley’s Columbia Square
- Twinkle Puppy Class @ 7:30pm
Vancouver- Tuesdays May 13 – Bone & Bowl – Olympic Village
Pet First Aid Course – April 27- Yaletown
Learn essential first aid - Walks and Wags most comprehensive 10 hour first aid program. $149 pp. Bring a friend and receive $10 off each! Space is limited - register now to avoid disappointment.