Dog Star Training : Star
DogStars Star Program: Star Training Classes
Click Here to see our upcoming classes
DogStars has been a part of the movie and television industry for over 15 years. Not only do we recognize talent when we see it, we also actively train animals to be stars. Our Star I and Star II programs will put your pet on the path to Hollywood.
DogStars provides the necessary animal acting training to achieve your dreams, we also place all Star II graduates into our DogStars Talent Agency, skipping the application process and fee. After all, when your pet masters Star II acting, we want them working for us!
Star I is a 5 week course, focusing on 3-5 behaviours per class, including:
- Hitting a designated mark
- Attention training: keeping your dog focused and performing
- Waving and shaking a paw
- Roll over
- Wipe their face ( so cute! )
- Taking a bow
- And much, much more…
We also introduce clicker training as part of the positive reward system behind our training methods, as a clean and quick way to have your animal perform on set.
$175 / 5 Weeks
Star II builds and expands on the work done in Star I, introducing new and more complex behaviours, including:
- Hitting consecutive designated marks
- Work aways: teaching your dog to listen to commands while you or the trainer are out of sight; having your dog move away from the trainer, while still able to perform the called for behaviour
- Bark on command / Quiet on request
- Eyeline and attention work with increased distraction
- Target training
- Shake head
- Lick lips / give kisses
Our DogStars Talent Agency guarantees a place in our talent roster for our Star II graduates, waiving the application and selection process as well as the $35 fee.
Successful completion of Star I is a prerequisite for Star II registration.
$175 / 5 Weeks
Vancouver- Tuesdays – June 4 – Bone & Bowl – Olympic Village
- Twinkle Puppy Class @ 7:00pm
- Acting level 1 @ 8:00pm
New Westminster- Wednesdays – April 24- Bosley’s Columbia Square
- Twinkle Puppy Class @ 7:45pm
Abbotsford- Monday May 27- Acting Workshop – Doggie Shop – #4-33550 S. Fraser Way
Intro to Dog Acting - 5:30 - 7:00